If you need to hire a freelance copywriter or marketing consultant, you may have visited this page hoping to find a list of set fees for different types of tasks. However, that would be virtually impossible to provide as no two projects are exactly the same.
This page is intended to explain how I price my work, and to outline my payment terms and conditions.
Get it right first time — ask for a quote or make an enquiry now, without obligation. I always respond to enquiries and requests for quotes within a day (and often sooner), so that you're not left hanging around.
• For new clients and one-off projects, I require 50% of the agreed fee to be paid prior to commencement of the work itself. The remaining balance is due upon completion.
• Account facilities are available at my discretion to regular and repeat clients on strict 30-day terms.
• Until full payment is received, ownership and copyright of my work remains with me.
• I will take all necessary steps to assert my intellectual rights to ownership of the content I have produced if it is used without full payment made.
• My per-task and per-project fees include up to two rounds of revisions after submission of the initial draft, providing that said revisions fall within the remit of the agreed brief. Additional fees may apply if you require amendments or additions that I could not reasonably have been expected to foresee. This might occur if you wish to change or add to the scope of the agreed brief after commencement.
• If for any reason you need to cancel the project after we have agreed commencement but before submission, 50% of the agreed fee (or the full deposit amount) will be charged. Cancellations after an initial draft has been submitted will be charged at the full fee.
• If I do not receive a response from you within 14 days of submission of the work (or during the project if I need to contact you with any queries about the task) I will consider the project to be completed/abandoned, and invoice in full unless we have discussed and agreed any potential delays or breaks in communication beforehand.
• In the event of late payment an additional fee may be charged, and any non-payments will be referred to a debt recovery agency, attracting additional costs.
• If for any reason (such as ill health) I am unable to complete your project within the deadline, I will contact you promptly to advise you of this. You will be given the opportunity to cancel the project and receive a refund of any deposit or payment already made for work not completed in full. This has never happened yet — but it is worth mentioning for your peace of mind just in case!
The factors that contribute to determining the price for any given job include the length of time it is likely to take, and the level of skill involved. This in turn depends upon the purpose of the copy or goal you wish to achieve, and the amount of research and expertise required.
For copywriting projects, the length of the finished copy will of course have an impact on how long it takes to write too, but there is much more to offering a professional copywriting service than simply churning out a set number of words.
I will always confirm my fees for the complete project or relevant stage of the project/projected hours I will need to complete the agreed task before commencement, to make sure that we are both on the same page.
I am not the cheapest British copywriter or marketing consultant for hire, but my fees are competitive and you may well find that my quote is more affordable than you expect. I charge a fair rate that reflects the skills and experience that I bring to the role, and ultimately, the quality of my work.
Good copywriting and marketing advice will pay for itself many times over, but poor copywriting or ill-informed guidance will cost you a significant amount of money in lost revenue very quickly. As the old saying goes, "if you think hiring a professional is expensive, wait until you hire an amateur!"
All of my fees are fully outlined and agreed with my client in advance — the price we agree upon for work within the remit of the brief is set in stone, and there will be no nasty surprises when you receive my invoice!