Polly Kay Marketing and Copywriting is committed to protecting your personal information in compliance with the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulations).
This page is designed to explain how I use personal information provided to me by website visitors, clients, prospective clients, and other parties. It will also explain how your personal information is protected.
For legal purposes, Polly Kay Marketing and Copywriting is defined as the data controller under the remit of data protection law, and the designated data protection officer is Polly Kay.
My lawful basis for collecting, storing, and using your personal data
I require personal information about my service users in order to handle enquiries, and to deliver the services that Polly Kay Marketing and Copywriting offers.
The personal data of my service users will be processed in accordance with one of the six “lawful basis” outlined in Article Six of the EU General Data Protection Regulations.
The six lawful basis are as follows:
• For the purpose of fulfilling a contract with a service user, or in cases in which a service user has requested that Polly Kay Marketing and Copywriting undertakes specific steps prior to entering into a contract.
• For the legitimate interests of Polly Kay Marketing and Copywriting, unless those interests should override the service user’s individual rights and freedoms.
• In cases where the service user has given their free consent.
• In order to comply with a legal obligation.
• To ensure the vital interests of a service user; such as for the protection of life.
• To execute a task that is in the public interest.
The personal data that Polly Kay Marketing and Copywriting holds
Polly Kay Marketing and Copywriting will use information that you supply in the form of a website enquiry form submission, email enquiry, or any other format, and may supplement this data later on with further information provided after the initial communication.
The personal data that Polly Kay Marketing and Copywriting may collect, store, use, and share (please see further information on the sharing of data later on) about service users includes but is not limited to:
• Your name and title.
• Your date of birth and gender.
• Your postal address, email address, and telephone number.
• Your IP address within the remit of enquiry form submissions and website cookies.
• Payment or account details as necessary for invoicing and processing payments from service users.
• Photographs, audio, and video recordings (please see below).
Why Polly Kay Marketing and Copywriting collects and holds this data
I may use the data listed above for the following purposes:
• To manage service user enquiries and requests.
• To deliver my copywriting and content writing service.
• To assess the quality of the services that I provide.
• To analyse traffic that comes to my website.
• To keep service users informed about the progress of their projects.
• To integrate within my professional portfolio and client testimonials.
This website uses essential cookies to enhance site functionality and navigation, and third-party cookies to analyse website traffic.
When you first visit this website, you will be asked to accept the use of these cookies. You can opt out or remove permission for the use of non-essential third-party analytic cookies here.
Photography, video, and audio recordings
No photographs, videos, or audio recordings of service users will be taken by or on behalf of Polly Kay Marketing and Copywriting without the express consent of the service user. Any such materials will be used by Polly Kay Marketing and Copywriting for the purpose of delivering my services, and not for the purposes of marketing, advertising, or publicity for Polly Kay Marketing and Copywriting.
Any photographs, videos, or audio recordings provided to me by service users will be used only for their agreed purpose and with the service user’s express consent.
A service user may withdraw their consent for Polly Kay Marketing and Copywriting to use any photograph, video, or audio recording that I have taken or that the service user has provided to me at any time. If consent is withdrawn the photograph, video, or audio file in question will be deleted and will not be used further.
Polly Kay Marketing and Copywriting and data sharing
Where required by law and in compliance with data protection law, Polly Kay Marketing and Copywriting may share the personal information of service users with:
• The service user’s representatives, colleagues, or other named persons to whom such permission has been granted.
• The relevant local authority if necessary in order to fulfil my legal obligation to share specific information.
• My own colleagues and associates if permission for this is granted by the service user.
• Suppliers and service providers that provide services contracted by Polly Kay Marketing and Copywriting, such as payment processers and cloud computing providers.
• Financial bodies that handle payment processing and debt collection on behalf of Polly Kay Marketing and Copywriting.
• Central and local government.
• Professional consultancies and advisors.
• Police forces, courts, and tribunals.
The security of your personal data
Polly Kay Marketing and Copywriting will use all appropriate safeguards to protect and secure the personal information of its service users. This applies to both my own policies and procedures, and the technology I use to store and manage it.
Your personal data will only be accessible by myself and persons that I authorise. I will ensure that any third parties whose services I use to process your personal data fulfil these same obligations.
Polly Kay Marketing and Copywriting will only process, store, or transfer the personal data of service users within the UK, the European Economic Area, or other countries that ensure adequate protection for the rights and freedoms of data subjects in relation to the processing of personal data.
Information on service users will only be stored for as long as it is required, or as dictated by the relevant statutes. After information is no longer required and the relevant statute term has ended, service user information will be disposed of appropriately.
Your personal information and your rights
It is your right to request a copy of any personal information that Polly Kay Marketing and Copywriting holds about you, and to have any inaccuracies within this information corrected. If you wish to exercise this right, please contact me directly using the details provided below.
Polly Kay Marketing and Copywriting’s data protection officer is Polly Kay.
This is a living document
It is due for review on the 17th January 2023, or as necessary in the interim to update the relevant information.